"True wine enthusiasts don’t collect wines.
They collect memories of wines shared with friends and family."

-Dario Zucconi

Monday, April 21, 2014

The Joy of Cooking: Giada's Chicken Cacciatore with Red Wine Butter

Giada De Laurentiis's Chicken Cacciatore with Red Wine Butter
(Courtesy of Food and Wine Magazine, May 2014)


After I've been cooking for as many years as I can remember, I think I finally realize what the phrase "the joy of cooking" means. It means cooking a meal, and at the end of it, having a feeling of complete joy and total satisfaction. That's how I felt tonight after I finished making this Roast Chicken Cacciatore with Red Wine Butter (courtesy of Chef Giada De Laurentiis and Food and Wine Magazine): http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/roast-chicken-cacciatore-with-red-wine-butter.



I think what made this dish even more special is the fact that my daughter (11) was so eager to help make it (she helped me by cleaning vegetables, measuring the liquids, seasoning the vegetables before roasting). And, as the food was cooking, my 8-year-old son kept asking "what is cooking, Mom? It smells so good!" It's hard to describe the feeling I get when my kids get involved in cooking with me, and they get excited about the food I am making. It's an indescribable feeling of sheer JOY!

I've been traveling for work the past couple of weeks. While I've enjoyed exploring new cities and savoring the incredible dishes of places like Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and Orlando, Florida, I've missed my babies. So, it's great to be able to make some yummy dishes that the whole family can enjoy.

If you're interested in making this dish, check out the recipe in the link above. This was a perfect "make-ahead" dish. I finished it tonight, but my family and I will enjoy it for dinner tomorrow. With my work and commute, these recipes have become my best friend! I did a taste test, and it was incredibly delicious. The red wine butter gave it a great taste! The flavors of the fresh basil, oregano, thyme, and garlic just shone through. The peppers and olives just take the dish to a whole new level. The trouble with making a dish like this ahead of time is that it's hard to wait for the next day to eat it.

Here is hoping you all have a wonderful week ahead!

Until next time . . . Cheers!

ZinAdel


No comments:

Post a Comment