"True wine enthusiasts don’t collect wines.
They collect memories of wines shared with friends and family."

-Dario Zucconi

Thursday, November 5, 2009

My Birthday Dinner . . . Just Perfect!


Happy birthday to Mommy, Happy birthday to Mommy, Happy birthday to Mommy, Happy birthday to Mommy!


Today is my birthday.  The kids, Patrick, and our Au Pair Ten celebrated my birthday tonight with a very special dinner and my favorite cake.  The dinner was breaded veal chops with a tomato ragu sauce, served with mushroom risotto and baby arugula salad.  The cake was an Almond Vanilla cake from Katrina Rozelle Bakery on College Avenue in the Rockridge District of Oakland - one of my favorite bakeries. 


Patrick got a great bottle of wine from Paul Marcus Wine located inside Market Hall in Rockridge: Rosso di Montalcino (2006) by Talenti.  This wine is from Tuscany, Italy -- my favorite part of the world.  It is made from Sangiovese grapes.  It has bright red colors, with enticing aromas of ripened red fruits, and mild acidity.   It is well-balanced, full-bodied, with a lingering finish on the palate.  I have learned that this wine is a younger version of the classic Brunello from Tuscany, which is a full-bodied, strong, and powerful wine also made from Sangiovese grapes.  The San Francisco Chronicle recently reviewed this Rosso (see http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/03/20/FD8616G78T.DTL).  I really enjoyed this wine with the veal. 

Thank you, Baby, for a wonderful birthday dinner.  I love you!  Thank you, kids, for my cards, camera, butterfly (made by my baby girl in her ceramics class) and for reminding me every day of how blessed I am to have you in my life.  Your smiles and constant "I love you Mommy" melt my heart every day.  I love you so much!  Ten: Thank you for my "oh so cute" purse and for celebrating my birthday with me.


Until next time . . . Cheers!

ZinAdel

No comments:

Post a Comment